Nine years ago, I introduced a new superhero to the world with these words:
“Johnny always said he’d rather die than come back to Midwich, but he’d
never counted on having to make that very choice.”
What follows is a tale of secrets and superpowers, conspiracies and betrayal, friendship and so much action!
Readers describe this book as:
- …well written and held my attention.
- Cool twist on the X-men concept. Quirky and edgy with constant attitude and action.
- …an action packed novel, the action starts near the beginning and never lets up, and continues to ramp up in intensity as it draws towards its finale. And it is a most enjoyable ride, I found it difficult to put down…
- From its opening line, Johnny Came Home draws you into the world of its reluctant, damaged, and super-charged hero. And what a fast paced, dark, and intriguing world it is! …What follows is an exciting adventure that I would describe as X-men meets James Bond with just a touch, believe it or not, of To Kill a Mockingbird thrown in.
- This is an all holds barred, thrills `n ‘spills, non-stop, white knuckle ride of an action adventure.
- It’s not always easy to find an author who can create an entire world of people, places and machinery that you can just close your eyes and envision so clearly as if you were watching a movie, so it is a testament to the kind of author Tony Breeden is that I can say his writing created that vision perfectly for me.
If you love comic book-style superheroes, this is the book for you.
Wouldn’t you know it? The events of that book take place on Halloween and the following day. Accordingly, the Kindle version of Johnny Came Home will be free on Amazon on Sunday, October 31, 2021 from 12:00 AM PDT until 11:59 PM PDT. Check out the preview below and be sure to grab your copy! And be sure to leave a review to let other book lovers know what you thought of it!